Friday, October 23, 2009

My Studio

I've always felt presumptuous calling my space a studio. I felt that the word studio was for professionals or people who really contribute something. My space is just a place where I play. A home office my husband was nice enough to let me have all to myself.
But, as I looked over other photos of studios on the web, I realized my little space IS a studio. I scrapbook in here, edit and sort photos, do arts and crafts with my kids, and now I have made 5 quilts (7 if you count the beginning ones) in my studio.
I love to be in here. I am blessed with a beautiful room that is right off the living room. I can see and hear my family while I create. I can listen to movies and still be a part of what's going on in my home.
My space is a studio. And, I love it.
Thanks for sharing,
Geri
By the way, you may notice the fireplace has a vase in it instead of fire. That's because it sits next to the floor, has no doors, and I have a 2 and 1/2 year old. Fire logs will just have to wait!





No comments:

Post a Comment