Tuesday, February 09, 2010


Finally, finally, finally I have had some time to quilt. In the last week I finished my square for the quilting bee, finished a quilt I have been working on since the late fall, and made a baby quilt for a friend whose baby was born last week (congratulations Maggie). Pictures will be coming.
The square pictured above was an amazing experience. It was chosen by a friend in the quilting bee and she provided the fabric, instructions, and foundation pieces to put it together. It was my first experience with paper piecing, and I was so nervous. Luckily, I have a great friend who is a fabulous quilter. She came over 2 different times to help me with it, and I believe now I could paper piece by myself! Yeah, a new technique learned! By the way, isn't it pretty. Donna from the Bee chose a beautiful pattern and gorgeous fabric. I cannot wait to see it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment